Mission to the Cities:
This movement is a big leap for the worldwide church. It is a holistic approach to sharing the Gospel in urban settings with the Seventh-day Adventist Church’s five-year emphasis on sharing Jesus’ love and hope of His soon return in the world’s largest cities. Our church leaders at every level of the organization identified 630 major cities worldwide to focus their evangelistic energies and resources on in the next three years. Each world division will focus on a city within their territories; each union will focus on a city in their respective regions.
Why Manila, Philippines?
Notwithstanding the other 13 countries under the leadership of Southern Asia-Pacific Division, the Philippines stands as Christianity’s major stronghold in the whole Asia. Our country is a strategic jumpstart to Asia’s tourist sites and remains the major English speaking nation among others. Its capital, Metro Manila, found in Luzon is the center where the affluent and poor meets to share life. Manila is the convergence of many felt-needs including diseases and other major social and welfare issues.
Strategy: Christ Method Alone
“Christ's method alone will give true success in reaching the people. The Saviour mingled with men as one who desired their good. He showed His sympathy for them, ministered to their needs, and won their confidence. Then He bade them, ‘Follow Me.’” Ministry of Healing, p. 143. The Central Luzon Conference adapted the Christ Method Alone to suit the Hope Manila 2014: iCare initiative. Through the Revival and Reformation movement of the worldwide church, CLC has come up with three major components and its basic implications to the brethren within the territory. These are the following:
- Reach Up to God through life-engaging ministries that nurture hope and faith.
- Revival and Reformation
- Training Programs (lay preachers, Integrated Evangelism Lifestyle, Care Group Leaders)
- Reach Across to families through life-transforming care groups that share the Blessed Hope of Christ’s soon coming.
- Care Groups
- Evangelism to affluent
- Professionals (health sectors, judiciary, education, business, state employees, etc.)
- Reach Out to communities through life-changing centers of influence that promote vibrant hope-filled lifestyle.
- Community Services
- Center of Influence
- Satellite Meetings
- Reaping Campaign
If you want to support Hope Manila 2014 and experience life transformation through service, there are three simple steps to follow:
1. Pray. Start praying for yourself, and then be a prayer intercessor. Building a strong relationship with God will give you a clear direction on how to start reaching out your friend, relative, or neighbor to Him. Why not seek to experience God’s love in your life first? You’ll be surprise how He will use you to be His channel of blessing.
2. Share. You are God’s steward. This is now your opportunity to be involved in sharing what you have for others.
3. Act. After praying for them and sharing them God’s love through acts of kindness, let them now thirst and be filled with God’s Word. Lead your prospect or interest to a Bible study or Care Group then to a reaping campaign.
Hope Manila 2014: iCare
Indeed, the Hope for Metro Manila 2014: iCare, as part of the Mission to the Cities, is a comprehensive evangelistic approach which blends Biblical principles with the practical, divinely inspired counsels of the Spirit of Prophecy to reach people living in the urban with Jesus’ endtime message of hope. As Mrs. Ellen White puts it, “When the cities are worked as God would have them, the result will be the setting in operation of a mighty movement such as we have not yet witnessed.” (Medical Ministry, p. 304). Go and bring hope to Metro Manila!